Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Ariel!

DSC_2352-1

Yep! You read that right.

Ariel.

As in NOT Belle, the princess she had been talking about being on her birthday for months ... :)

Remember the vision for Cate's Belle party? Clearly articulated by Cate numerous times, and recounted by me in an earlier post? Well, as it turned out, not much of that vision ended up coming to fruition. Cate (i.e. Belle) ended up opting for her newly acquired Ariel costume on the day of the party. And that was all fine and good, since Beast costumes are truly impossible to find. I lamed out and didn't order a Snow White costume for me in time. And Olive and Ivy (envisioned as Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella) came dressed as Wonder Woman and a ballerina. Of course, none of that could have mattered less to our little princess, who had the best day of her little princess life!

She woke up in her Disney Princess sheets which she loves, courtesy of Honey and Pop. Big brother helped her open her family presents (He also helped set up the decorations the day before & blew up LOTS of balloons!) Then, Cate spent the morning in her Ariel costume playing with some of her new little figurines and a cardboard castle I got for a decoration, counting down the minutes until her friends finally arrived.

The highlight of the party was definitely the princess makeovers, given by two of Cate's very best "big girl" friends, Ashley and Tori. They came the day before to do a practice run on Cate, and they came armed with LOADS of makeup, nail polish, and hair ideas. They were so excited to fancy up the little princesses! And did they ever fancy them up!

Here a few fav. pics and then a slideshow of them all at the bottom:

DSC_2296
Helpin'
Cardforcate
Max also made this card for Cate.

Translation: Happy birthday, Cate! It is an honor that you will be a three year old princess yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy! Max: "How old are you, Cate?" Cate: "I dunno. Thweee!!!"
(Cate actually does preface most of her answers to questions with 'I dunno'. :))
DSC_2303bw

DSC_2237
Lovin' her pwincess sheets!

DSC_2375bw
Happy, happy girl
DSC_2392
Cate played like this forever after her birthday breakfast
DSC_2405
I could never get tired of looking at this silhouette. I mean, SERIOUSLY!
DSC_2408

DSC_2421
... or this tiny hiney! Ahhhhh!
DSC_2256
The one thing that did stay true to the vision - the Belle cake! Oh. my. goodness. This cake was amazing! I hated to cut into it, but Cate helped me get past the "it's too perfect to cut" feeling by planting her face in it right after blowing out the candle :D
DSC_2427

DSC_2429

DSC_2464
Tiny heart-shaped PB&Js were a big hit!
DSC_2467

DSC_2434

DSC_2437

DSC_2472

DSC_2436-1
Olive. So NOT into the princess thing!
DSC_2441
Ashley giving Ivy a manicure
DSC_2446
Beautiful little Sophie blowing a kiss
DSC_2450
Max handed these roses out to all the girls after they got their makeovers.
Best. Brother. Ever.
DSC_2452

DSC_2461

DSC_2474-1

DSC_2544

DSC_2545





http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharper6/sets/72157625770787017/

Just for fun, I looked back in the blog at Cate's birthday post from last year. She has grown SO MUCH in just one short year!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Looks like so much fun! Happy Birthday Cate!

Sarah said...

THe party looks like is was fun...and you say you're not creative. I beg to differ!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...