Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cate's 2nd birthday (pics and video)

We had a little family party for Cate's birthday this morning. Max planned it as a surprise party (which pretty much means that right when she woke up, Jake and Max jumped out from their hiding places with a ton of balloons and yelled "SURPRISE!!!!!," totally freaking her out) It was a great morning spent together celebrating our Cate! Stay tuned for more pics and videos ...



birthdaygirl
I'm TWO!!!!
I'll give you one guess whose fingers those are.
DSC_0796

Cake for breakfast!
(not a bad way to start the day)
DSC_0806

With her AMAZING cake from Magpies and a very sweet and thoughtful card made for her by her big brother :)
DSC_0950
Chillin' in her new chair after a big party, some sledding, and lunch on a tray. Awesome day!!
Our main present to Cate for her birthday was to fix up her room to make it a little more of a big girl room. I didn't get quite finished, but I did manage to hang a curtain rod (BIG achievement for me!), put curtains on the curtain rod, and give her a dress up corner with a mirror and a basket for all of her "fancies". Here are a few pictures of Cate playing in her new(ish) room:

princess room2

new curtains

new mirror

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the curtains!! Looks like Miss Cate has everything a princess needs.
Grann

Unknown said...

I love these curtains Sarah! They are adorable. Love the way you did Kate's room...too cute :) The pics are great!
I wish we were there for Kate's 2nd birthday...:( I'm sure she had a wonderful party.
By the way, I cannot believe how much snow you guys have there :))
Miss you! Xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...