Cate is ALWAYS up for a bubble bath! She comes up to me several times a day saying, "Mommy, I DIRTY. I need a baf in the baf tub." I generally remind her how very clean she is from her most recent bath and move on. But sometimes we have nothing else going on, so bath time it is!
Bath time is no small event for the princess. As you might expect, everything has to be perfect - the water temperature, the amount of bubbles, and most importantly, ALL of the little princess have to be there, in their swimsuits and heels, ready for playtime in Ariel's castle.
Let me just note that removing the plastic clothes from each of the 5 little princesses is ABSOLUTELY MADDENING! Most of them do not come off easily. And then there is the "rush factor" (as in Cate needs those princesses stripped down NOW!) But, if I can make it through the strip down, it will usually buy me lots of time while Cate plays happily in the tub with the "wittle pwincesses" and some other action figure of Max's, like Ben 10 or Metro Man. (It didn't take Cate long to figure out that pwincess play is much much more interesting when at least one "pwince" is involved!)
When bath time is over, Cate refuses to get out of the tub until .... you guessed it! ... ALL of the little princesses are, once again, in their fancy wear. YEESH! The dressing process is even more annoying than the undressing process, but at least there is no "rush factor" involved
Once all of the little princesses are dried and dressed, she will get out, wrinkled and purple (all of the water has usually drained out by the time I get those darn princess dresses on). Then, we can begin work on her "seepin booty hair" ... a whole other post in itself!
...
And now you all know why I have aged 10 years in the almost 3 years that Cate has been alive :)




4 comments:
I'm am litterally LAUGHING. OUT. LOUD! Oh, I love that Cate!!! I can just see you putting those dresses back on those little princess dolls. You're a better woman than me Miss Sarah! Still laughing hee, hee, hee! ;-)
haha! Let's just say that dealing with the little princesses in general over the last year has been a true test of character for me ;D
We lost little Snow White at the zoo once, and Cate was SERIOUSLY distraught until one day when little Snow White (or a very close look-alike) magically appeared in her car seat *w/ a little princess horse*! Best. day. ever.
This post is SO FUNNY!!! I can see it all playing out. Poor Cate's future husband!
Megan - I think that very thought all the time! ... almost as much as I think "poor Max's future wife" ;D
Post a Comment