Max's first guitar lesson was WONDERFUL! I really wanted to take a picture for the blog, but it was our first time meeting his teacher, Michelle, and I didn't want to be that mom (Don't worry! I will be next time ;D) Michelle was just as cool as can be! She totally "gets" Max and I was really impressed with how much they covered in just the first lesson. He has been practicing this afternoon and is really loving it so far!
As far as the little one goes, Cate's birthday is fast approaching and she knows it! She has been eagerly anticipating her birthday for many months now, asking repeatedly (1) If it is her birthday and (2) How long until her birthday. Today it finally occurred to me that I could give her a sign. I told her that on the day that she wakes up in the morning and sees balloons in her room, it will be her birthday. There! That ought to put an end to that! Now I can turn my attention to the Belle party that she has been describing to me FOREVER. I'm not exactly sure how to do a Belle party, but I know several things must occur: There must be a princess balloon. There must be a Belle cake. Cate will be dressed as Belle. Ivy will be Sleeping Beauty. Olive will be Cinderella. I will be Snow white. And Daddy will be The Beast. All of this is strict orders of her highness (Actually, if she had her way completely, Max would be Chip (the teacup from Beauty and the Beast), but we all know that's not happenin')
So ..... that's what I have to go on. If you have ideas about any of this stuff, please let me know! Daddy Beast costumes are hard to come by (as in non-existent)!
6 comments:
TOO CUTE!!! That is one bossy little lady, but I like that she dreams BIG!!!
I can't wait to hear Max play something. That's SO COOL that he's gonna be a rocker!!!
Cate will be the perfect Belle! I can't wait to hear all about it! And I can't wait to see pics of Max's guitar lessons. I know he will be a rock star!
Mego & Amy, I can't wait to see Max as a rock star either, but right now we're just plucking strings on the acoustic. Poor little fella can't wait to rock!
Ummmm...you two are two of my main idea people and I'm not hearing any ideas ... Help!
Well, if you lived in LA, I'd tell you that Daddy Beast costumes are NOT that rare... but in Knoxville, you may be outta luck. Maybe he can be the Beast AFTER he turned back into a handsome prince and Jake can just dress nice? What about Gaston?!
Wish I were there... we could make some AWESOME cupcakes!
Megan - don't tempt me with your cupcake skills and your easy access to Beast costumes!! I will fly you out here! xo
Sarah, you probably can find a Beast costume on line. I have the name of a Cake Lady who could do a Beautiful Belle cake if you wanted her name. She could probably do a Belle cake with an actual Belle doll in the center of the Belle Cake skirt. I'll call you with the number.
Post a Comment