Because Jake left today for a work trip, the Season of Sarah began early this year! Yesterday, Jake and the kids planted some beautiful flowers for me in the pots by our front door & got some hanging flowers for our porch. I spend a lot of time on the porch these days. The front porch swing is one of my favorite spots to hang out and listen to the kids play, but still be kind of hidden :). Now my view from there looks like this!

Here's a better look at the flowers in the pots:

Max just got a new bike w/ gears and everything, so he and I went on a bike ride around the neighborhood, and then he INSISTED on making me dinner and serving it to me on the front porch. (Such a super sweetheart, that boy!) He made me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich w/ a side of strawberries AND he and Cate provided the most excellent dinner entertainment. Max played songs on this guitar, while Cate sang along. It was truly special!
Then Jake got me a cake with a label that actually said "Death by Chocolate" (What can I say? The man knows me :)

... When I woke up this morning, Jake had french toast for me and there were little notes from the kids taped all over the house. Some favs:

Probably only funny if you know about Cate and her insane chocolate milk addiction :)

... aaaand you have to know about Max and his deep love of nachos to get this one ;)Friends and neighbors spent the day with us, and then took me out for a surprise birthday dinner. Yay for awesome neighbors! I couldn't have hoped for a better start to what I know will be an another great year spent with the most special people in the world!
But wait! The Season of Sarah is still underway! I have been received some sweet Mother's Day previews as of late! Here are two little bits of some songs that Cate has been practicing for the upcoming Mother's Day celebration at her school, and a sweet Mother's Day card that Max created for me in the swap notes feature of his Nintendo DS :)
A picture of Link (ya' know, from Zelda) and Princess Zelda with hearts. It says "You are my Princess Zelda" *love*Tomorrow I get to go have a special Mother's Day picnic and Cate's school. 'Tis the Season!
3 comments:
Awwwww- yay! Love you!
So precious! Love the Season of Sarah :) Glad all your sweeties are taking good care of you! Happy Birthday!
Happy Season of Sarah!!! :)
Post a Comment