Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Season of Sarah!

May is crazy. SO crazy. I have a gazillion pictures from the past few weeks to share. But I guess I should start back where I left off - the weekend typically referred to in our house as the "Season of Sarah" (don't laugh!) The Season of Sarah is that special time of year in which my birthday and Mother's Day coincide, and everyone in our household is overflowing with love and appreciation for yours truly. I definitely soak up every second of it. It has to last me a YEAR, after all! ;)

This Season of Sarah was extra special. Max began planning for it weeks in advance when I mentioned to him that, since he could now ride a bike, I might ask for a bike for my birthday so we could ride together. He LOVED that idea and went STRAIGHT to his computer to look at bikes and give Dad a plan for where they could get me the best bike ever for my birthday. He was seriously over the moon about the whole thing and I remember him saying something ridiculously adorable like "Mom, we are going to have so much fun together! I can't wait!" {awwww!} He even drew this picture at school of the bike he wanted to get me:

DSC_1570

We had plans to go bike shopping that weekend, but it was just so full of other stuff (guitar recital, baseball game, Mother's day ...), we put that on hold for a little while - soon though! Soon I will so have my very own set of wheels!

DSC_1567

Since he didn't yet have the bike he wanted to give me, Max went ahead and gave me the special Mother's day present and card, he made for me at school - love it!

DSC_1568

Cate watched me open Max's gift out in the front yard and she just couldn't stand being empty handed, so she started bringing me every thing from the the back yard - "Mommy, you can have this chair. I give it you!" "Mommy, I give you this shovel!" "Mommy, you can have this bucket!" ... expecting big hugs of thanks every time, which (of course) she got! It was super sweet :)

Here are some phone pics from my special birthday afternoon with the kids:






Jake took me out the evening of my birthday, which was the perfect end to a perfect day!

Mother's day I woke up (late) to a delicious breakfast in bed - Jake's fancy french toast w/ a side of yogurt (squeezed out of a spongebob tube :)). Max recorded some songs for me, which I now treasure more than life itself. Then we went on a family trip to Cade's Cove for a day of picnicing and exploring. It was a GORGEOUS day and we had and awesome time together!

DSC_1892-1
love this picture!
DSC_1769-1
relaxing.
DSC_1779-2

DSC_1781-1

I forgot to post a picture of the deer, but our picnic spot was AMAZING! There were deer walking right past the whole time! The natural beauty of Tennessee is just stunning! I Can't help but feel like the kids are just so lucky to grow up here ...

DSC_1783
Max while looking up at the sky: "Mom, you know what I see up there? Just a bunch of beautiful artwork." ... that kid!
DSC_1774-1

DSC_1821
Proof that I relaxed for a second (in my brand new glitter Toms - thanks Mom!)
DSC_1809
Max trying hard to make a fire w/ two sticks. You can guess how that turned out. (Thanks Cub Scout Handbook!)
DSC_1763-1
Exploring one of the old churches at Cade's Cove.
DSC_1765-1

DSC_1866
playing on the logs
DSC_1833
Having a cow that I am playing on the logs without her
DSC_1834
Oh for the LOVE!
DSC_1868-1

DSC_1906

DSC_1943

On our way back, we stopped at a favorite spot in Townsend for ice cream ...



Best Season of Sarah EVER!!

1 comment:

Aunt Megan said...

AWWWWW! I just LOVE it! No one deserves a season more than you!!!! I love you Sarah!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...