Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake! (oh yes, and the berry picking that preceded it)

A few weeks ago, we went to the berry patch with our great friends, the Hills.  Picking berries in the summer and pumpkins in the fall have become some of my favorite things about living in this place!  Every time we go, I know the kids are making a memory and that we have a chance to make another one when we do something special with the things that we picked.  This time, we used our strawberries to make the most magnificent strawberry shortcake that ever existed!

DSC_0345-1
Cate and Ivy (the two princess) both wore their strawberry dresses.  Completely unplanned, but it totally figures ;)  They also sang the theme song to Strawberry Shortcake the ENTIRE TIME!
 DSC_0405-1
"Straaaaawwberry Shortcake - she's a berry bitty girl with berry big possibilities and fruit-filled fun is the secret to her recipe .... " (Yeeesh!)
DSC_0394-1

DSC_0438

DSC_0363-1

DSC_0395-1

DSC_0436-1
Olive (the anti-princess) was not having it ... but I did manage to get a smile out of her this one time :)
DSC_0433

DSC_0417-1
Dizzy seriously ate his weight in strawberries! 
DSC_0430

DSC_0425

DSC_0420

DSC_0337-1
I love this picture!  These two have become such a sweet pair!  Max was, of course, out numbered by "the littles" on this trip. But, instead of whining about it, Max was a helper and made up a sharing game where they all picked strawberries to put in each other's baskets instead of their own. He is such a sweetheart!
O.K. actually I love all of of these:

DSC_0336

DSC_0335

DSC_0332

DSC_0329

DSC_0398

DSC_0389

DSC_0386

DSC_0445-1
I thought I would line them all up with their baskets and take a cute shot while we were waiting to check out, but ummm ... yeah ... not really happening :)  Love this bunch!

.... And the next day my little Strawberry Shortcake helped me make one!

DSC_0451-1

DSC_0449

DSC_0459-1

DSC_0454

I didn't get an "after" picture because, well, who's really gonna wait to eat this to take a picture first?!  Jake  especially loved the finished product, and has been begging us to make another one, though, so maybe next time ;)

1 comment:

Agrestic Designs said...

Super fun! That picture of Cate in the kitchen with her hand on her hip is to die for! Way too cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...