Wow! What a week! As I'm sitting here trying to come up with a way to summarize this week, I'm having trouble coming up with a "theme" (unless we want to go with the fashionably post-modern theme of themelessness...) It was a roller-coaster week to say the least, and it goes something like this: We're all just getting over a nasty little stomach bug, when we bring the chinchillas home. The instant we bring them home, Max starts getting a sore throat and watery eyes. (Nice!) I'm freaking out, convinced he's allergic to the little critters and plotting a way to get rid of them. I take him to the doctor only to find out that he has a pretty bad case of strep throat. We're all ecstatic (because now we don't have to give the chinchillas away), but Max has to miss his second day of Kindergarten, which was scheduled for Wednesday :( Wednesday and Thursday I am dreadfully incapacitated by some yet un-diagnosed condition (I'll have to keep ya' posted on that one). I start feeling a little better on Friday. It's a good thing, too, because somebody has to deal with the fact that we have no water in the house. I call a plumber Friday night, who informs me that a pipe has broken underneath our house and can't be fixed until Monday (Ahhh!!) We prepare to move into a hotel on Saturday morning after attending Max's first soccer game, but the plumber ends up rigging up a hose that will allow us to have water in our house for the weekend (yay!) Somewhere in the midst of the plumbing fiasco I get a call that Max will be moving to a brand new Kindergarten class on Monday. (Huh?!) I hear from the neighborhood moms that this teacher is
wonderful (woo hoo!)
Today was relatively uneventful, which was just fine by me.
Here are a few pictures from the week, most of Max's soccer game on Saturday:
Max and Cate checking out our new hole
No comments:
Post a Comment