We were at the Chick-fil-a playground with some friends and it was crazy crowded. Rambunctious kiddos swarming the equipment. Max was having a blast with a bunch of boys, and, as usual, Cate was desperately trying to get up in there where all the fun was. I knew she could manage the stairs up to the top and the slide down, but I didn't know about the maze of pipes in between. I asked Max if he could guide her through and he answered with a dutiful "Sure." Then I listened as Max guided her through and protected her from the stampede: "Excuse me! Excuse me! Baby coming through!" "Look out everybody! I've got a baby girl here!" It must have been a little too much for Cate in there, because she froze at the top of the slide, causing major back-up. I could tell kids were starting to climb over her and it was getting dangerous. I was getting ready to go in for the rescue when I heard Max yelling for the kids to back off : "It's her first time!!!" A few minutes later, the two of them came down the slide with big smiles. Sweet!
3 comments:
Aww - that is precious!!! Big brothers are wonderful!
Mom
What a great big brother... How come I never had one of those?!
Mom!...?
Max has once again proven that Chivalry is not dead. What a great guy.
Post a Comment