Last week the kids and I made a spur-of-the-moment trip to Boston to visit some of my old and dear friends from graduate school. I've been meaning to make this trip for some time, but something always seems to come up. I am so glad we were finally able to make it work this time, because it was an absolute BLAST! Max and Cate had all sorts of new experiences, and I had the chance to catch up with people and to spend some beautiful summer days in the city. Summer in Boston is SO intoxicating that it *almost* makes you forget how rotten it is there during the winter ;)

on the Make Way for Ducklings statues just after riding the swan boats
(Pictures with the ducklings are a right of passage for any Boston tourist. Unfortunately, it was late in the day and Cate and Max were too tired to humor me on this one.)

my mentors and friends, Jorge and Laura Garcia
(For those of you who don't know them, Jorge directed my dissertation and the Garcias, along with their four children, have been like family to us for as long as we have known them. It was so great to see them again!)

Max conducting electricity at the science museum. He could not get enough of that place! The look of wonder you see here was on his face ALL. DAY. LONG.

I can no longer count how many pictures I have of Cate playing in dog water. Here she is attempting to drink out of the doggie spout at a nearby park. Hmmmmm....

Max with his new BFF, Gabby.

headed to frog pond in downtown Boston

lunch break

more from frog pond

Cate really wants to be part of that thumb wrestling action. (Too bad it's not big toe wrestling. She'd totally kill 'em!)


Max was really loving all of the playgrounds and water parks downtown. He was feelin' like THE MAN!

Cate was really loving the frog statues. She kept going up to the frogs and kissing them!

Max on the 'T'
(He was so excited to be underground!)

sweet, happy girl after a long, fun day :)

She had everyone working for her by the end.
*I have a ton of pics from the trip, so I'll have to make a slideshow and post it sometime soon. Not tonight, though. Too tired.
1 comment:
Looks like you all had great fun. Gabby is looking quite grown up!! I'll look forward to the slide show.
Mom
Post a Comment