Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter in Review

Somehow in all of the busyness of the past couple of weeks, I missed blogging about Easter. I want to take it minute now to remember it, because it was one of the best Easters we've had to together as a family, made even better by the presence of some amazing friends.

We began our Easter prep by having an egg dying "Eggstravaganza" in our driveway. We didn't really intend to have it in the driveway, but it quickly became apparent that 6 kids + a bunch of eggs + a bunch of cups full of dye = an outdoor experience if there ever was one. The kids had a lot of fun with that one & we ended up with an adorable bunch of eggs to set out for the Easter Bunny!

DSC_1251

DSC_1246

DSC_1250

DSC_1253

DSC_1256

DSC_1257

DSC_1264-1

DSC_1268

DSC_1282

DSC_1272
Caterpillar break!
DSC_1273

DSC_1280

The kids got to participate in a couple of fun egg hunts pre-easter - one at a friend's house and one in our neighborhood. By the night before Easter I thought that, surely, we had all reached maximum sugar capacity.... I was wrong!

Just a few from the neighborhood hunt (Wish I could have taken more! My hands are generally too full (or too chocolatey) to take pictures at Easter egg hunts :))

DSC_1423

DSC_1428
CH + EB still = crazy Easter love!
Click here to check her out with EB last year. I can't believe how much she's grown!!!
DSC_1432fb
Max and Quinn (You might notice Max's mouth looking especially empty. He lost another tooth (that makes 4 missing on top!) right as we were pulling in to park for the hunt.)
More Easter egg hunting:

DSC_1314

DSC_1306

DSC_1315

DSC_1308

DSC_1332

DSC_1319

DSC_1305

Easter day was truly blessed! We woke up to happy kids and full Easter baskets! We had our usual frantic hunt for eggs outside before heading off to church, and then spent the afternoon with our dear friends and neighbors, the Berrys.

A few quick snaps from the Easter morning hunt (before I did Max's hair!):

DSC_1466

DSC_1465

DSC_1460
Max's first thought was to give all of his pink eggs to Cate - so sweet!
DSC_1474

DSC_1443

DSC_1445

DSC_1447

DSC_1455
Thank you Grandma Marsha for the precious Easter dress!
DSC_1456
Cate's first thought was to feed Chloe her hard-boiled eggs. She loves that dog!
DSC_1458

DSC_1482

DSC_1498
Sprinkler fun w/ Orly after Easter dinner
DSC_1508

DSC_1511

DSC_1489

DSC_1490

2 comments:

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Y'all had a beautiful Easter! It looked like a lot of fun too! I know you have a birthday coming up, so happy early birthday friend! I hope it's as fabulous as you are!

Sarah Harper said...

Awww! Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...