Sunday, May 1, 2011

Clean up efforts

When we woke up the morning after the storm, Cate was VERY concerned about the state of things in our outside play area (a.k.a. Harper Park).


DSC_1614

While I was still having my morning coffee, she put on her kitty boots and got to work! (I'm hoping this means she has the same cleaning issues as her Hunny and Aunt Angela 'cause that would be awesome!)



DSC_1612
Cate also had the idea to blow the leaves with her princess blow dryer. Not quite as effective as one would have hoped, but cute nonetheless!
DSC_1611

I wasn't expecting Max to be nearly as concerned, but when it comes down to it, he is a sweetheart who always wants to help when there is a real need (note - a real need - not just a blob of jelly on the floor or some dirty socks in the living room :). He came home from school saying that he had been thinking all day about what he could do to help and he wanted to rake up all the leaves for me. What a kid!

So, the kids and I had a great day on Thursday, raking up and bagging the leaves on a gorgeous spring day.



Teamwork! Cate gets the leaves out of the tree house, and Max (aka "the Grim Sweeper") sweeps them away.
There was also some puddle fun!

DSC_1646

DSC_1645

DSC_1642

DSC_1623-1
Not really helpin'
DSC_1617

DSC_1625-1

Cate and I discovered TONS of worms under all the leaves, and I discovered what a true nature lover this little girl really is as I watched her "rescue" each one individually after giving him/her a name (almost always 'Cate' - sometimes 'Bob')
She even made a home for some of them in her sand and water table. I'm not really sure that the water table is an ideal living environment for worms, but, hey, it's the thought that counts ... unless you ask the worms! ;D
"I love you, Bob!"

1 comment:

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

What a storm! Girl, sorry about your car! You got some good shots though of the hail comin down in your last post. This will be one none of us will forget!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...