Thursday, May 19, 2011

Max's first guitar concert (May 7, 2011)

Max has been taking guitar lessons since January. So, about 4 months now. All along, his teacher Michelle has been telling me how quickly he's grasping everything, but I don't think I really got what she was saying until we attended a small concert for Michelle's students last week. There, I got the chance to see Max play alongside kids who had been taking for 1-2 years. He was by far the best of them (no bias here! ;) I also couldn't believe how well he handled himself on stage - even doing a very professional looking little bow at the end. Safe to say, we were all very impressed, and I was one proud mama!

A duet performance of "Lightly Row" with his teacher
His final piece, "Are you sleeping?"
Max also performed "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" as a solo.

So, SO proud of him!

2 comments:

Aunt Megan said...

Oh My!!! Those were GREAT! I'm one proud aunt! Maybe we can have a jam sesh when I visit... I play a pretty awesome cowbell, ya know!

ann said...

Max - what an awesome guitarist you are becoming!!! You did a great job at the concert - wish I could have seen it in person!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...