Last Friday, Jake took the day off and we headed to Maple Ln. Farms for our annual pumpkin patch extravaganza! One problem - they weren't running the hay rides out to the pumpkin patch for some weird reason (oops!) Well, it was such a nice day and Maple Lane Farms is a pretty good little drive out, so we decided to hang out for a little while, take some pictures, and get a few pre-picked pumpkins. Then the incredibly sweet little old lady that runs the farm asked if we would like to take a trip through their famous corn maze. Um ... yes! Max had been dying to go in the "adult" maze, and I must admit I'd always been pretty curious. The thing looks like this from the sky:

Oh, and it's sponsored by Texas Roadhouse.
We ended up having a wonderful time navigating the maze as a family. (And we had it all to ourselves!) They had trivia sheets where you had to answer a question at each post. If you got it right, the map sent you in the right direction. If you got it wrong, you were sent the wrong way. Bet you can guess who was ALL OVER that one!
We still need to go back for the hayride sometime soon, but at least the day turned out to be a fun one, and I got some pics to boot!

Max using "the force" to determine which direction we should go. (Coming off a long week of Star Wars ...)
"The force says we need to go THAT way!"
We made it (finally!)


















5 comments:
I don't know how families ever make it through the maze without at least one Jeddai knoght to guide them with the force. Cate is beginning to look like somebody famous wrinkle nose smile. I wish I could think who it is.
Score one for the Harpers.
That looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! I wanna go!
COME VISIT!!!!!
Halloween is going to be FUUUUUUNNNNNNN!
These pics are fabulous as always! You'll have to gived me some pointers on the D90. I just now got into m mode and LOVE it! Makes me wonder why I didn't use M mode all the time. I love Max's shaggy hair do. He is just so stylin'! I saw Miss Cate, or should I say Snow White at school the other day. She is the cutest thing ever. I think she is Fancy Nancy personified, minus the red hair of course!
Awwww thanks, Amy :) Princess Cate is such a handful these days! Pointers on the camera any time, but it's not like you need them. Your pics are looking GREAT! Yay for 'M' mode!!
Post a Comment