Saturday, October 17, 2009

Introducing BRUSHY!

We're in the midst of a rainy fall break, so we decided to visit the American Museum of Science and Energy in Oak Ridge yesterday. There were a lot of exciting things to see there, and the kids soaked up as much as they could of it like the little sponges they are. I didn't plan on making a trip by the gift shop (which was conveniently out of the way), but while Max was busy watching a documentary on the history of the atom bomb, I took a peek and couldn't resist getting him this little robot kit. Max has wanted to build a robot for as long as I can remember, and I have looked all over for starter robot kits and have come up with nothing. Come to find out, there is a whole line of starter robot kits by this company (4M?). They are only $15, and they are totally doable with a little help from an adult. Building "Brushy" was BY FAR the highlight of Max's day (and, if you ask him, his life!) I still see a homemade robot in our future but, for now at least, Brushy seems to be giving Max his robot fix, and for that I am very, very grateful! (secret: I do not know how to build a homemade robot!!!)

I love how Max is just beaming with pride in this picture!
When we brought Brushy home, Max was asking me if I thought Brushy was the kind of robot that would follow his commands. "Er ... ummm ... no, honey, I don't think he's that kind of robot ...." Boy was I wrong! Every time Max commands Brushy to clean the floor or the porch, he obeys! (see video below)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...