Saturday, October 1, 2011

PROUD

Well, I'm sure it comes as a surprise to exactly no one that Max is having a most amazing year in school, thus far! I thought I'd take a minute to record a couple of his outstanding accomplishments (because I'm proud and because we're resume building for Harvard ;D):

First, the school had a rocket building contest for their space-themed book fair in Sept, and guess who build the BEST ROCKET in the whole second grade?!?!! Yup. PROUD.


This may look like a soda bottle attached to a couple of soda cans and toilet paper rolls to you, but it actually had a tiny little camera lens installed underneath that green cap which magnifies (really well!) the tiny little cut out characters that are inside the rocket!! The rockets were supposed to have a theme of a favorite book, so the characters inside Max's rocket are from Diary of a Wimpy Kid & it has some funny stuff written on the outside from that movie. Crazy cool!
In other (equally impressive) news, guess who volunteered himself last Wednesday to give an example presentation to his class on Thursday, and then came home Wednesday afternoon, put together an impressive powerpoint presentation ALL BY HIMSELF organized by topic with bullet points, pictures, and citations, and then delivered it with magnificence on Thursday morning? Yup. PROUD.

DSC_0396-1

By all accounts, Max's presentation was awesome! He even did an encore presentation after recess! Here's a quote from an email his teacher sent me:

I am sure you have heard by now about the big presentation :) He was awesome! He got the pen for the board out and was tapping from slide to slide, giving a wonderful narrative as if he had just returned from Germany! He also made a few changes during recess so he had to tell us about that afterwards! Precious!

I'm going to try to get a screen shot of the power point, which was on the country of Germany, but until I figure that out, this link might work???

file:///Users/jacobharper/Desktop/Max_Germany.ppt.htm

Words can't express how happy it makes me that Max is so confident presenting in front of a group! I struggled SO MUCH with shyness as a kid that I would sooner have DIED than volunteer to present to my whole class like this. And if I were forced into it, I would have been shaking like a leaf the entire time. Granted, I eventually learned to suck it up and present in front of groups anyway, but there is no doubt that Max gets his natural presentation skills from his daddy! So proud of them both!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Way to go Max!!!

Aunt Megan said...

Yup. The Aunts are proud

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...