Sunday, September 11, 2011

Back to school pictures and an update

I just realized I never posted my first day of school pictures of the kids. There aren't too many pictures that I insist on getting of the kids - especially Max. But he knows that the back to school pic falls in that category. Lucky me! The kid owed me one come the first morning of school and didn't bolt like last year :) So, here he is w/ his new rolling backpack that he picked out:

DSC_3616

Max also picked out the entire first day of school outfit, including the "Toms-like" shoes. He is so freaking cool.

DSC_3614
The new backpack.
DSC_3628
"Seriously, Mom?!"

Haha! Yes. Seriously, son. I am going to take your picture every year on the first day of school because every year all I see walking out the door is this:

kindergarten
Sweet little boy!
Max's second grade year is off to an awesome start! He walked in with a golden reputation amongst teachers and students and has more than lived up to it. Of course, absolutely everything he has brought home thus far has been a 100 E++, so I am meeting with his teachers tomorrow about we can do to keep him challenged and engaged in school. I must say, so far I have been really happy with the way that the teachers at Rocky Hill have been willing to go the extra mile to meet Max's needs!

Cate's first day in the Early 4s class at St. Marks went MUCH better than anticipated!!! She started out a little tentative. I had let the teachers know that she wasn't exactly looking forward to this (cough, cough), so they let me sneak her in the door early and get her settled before all the other kids got there. One of her teachers, Miss Jody, texted me mid-morning to let me know that she was having a great time! Yay! I knew she would if she would just let herself, and I was relieved that she didn't seem committed to making this school thing into a battle- whew! And things have only gone way up hill, since then!

photo 2-2
First day. Not so sure.
photo 1-1
Brave face!
photo 2-1
Checking out her cubby with Miss Melissa
photo 3-2
Day 2 and Cate is all smiles!! Jody sent me this picture along with some video of her on the playground. She was totally happy when I picked her up and I could tell we had turned the corner to a great year!
photo 4
Zippety Doo Da! Day 3 and Cate is ready to go with the share bag! Cate brought cookies to her class to help teach the letter 'C'!
These last two pictures are from my phone and I just like 'em!

photo 5
Max is still really enjoying his guitar! Starting this Tuesday, he will be joining his friend Seth in guitar class! It should be fun for both of them to do some duets and "jam sessions" together :)
photo 1-2
Ummm ... did I miss something? When did she turn 12?!??


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...