Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cate at 2 years old

"It's all about the PINK!"

sweetcate

We went for Cate's 2 year doctor appointment yesterday, and I'm happy to report that we have one very healthy little princess! She is currently weighing in at 23 lbs. 11 oz. (12%), and she is 60% for height. Still a little string bean! Though Cate is always "talking" and singing in her own little fairy language, she is still not saying too many words in English (words that people other than me could understand), so we are having her evaluated by Tennessee Early Intervention to see what we can do to get her talking. Am I pretty sure I will question this game plan at least 1,000 times during her teenage years? Yes. Yes I am. But, at the moment, I am pretty darn curious as to what our little cutie has to say for herself :)

Catelaugh

As for Cate's 2-year-old personality, well, it is just DARLING! She loves to cuddle and tickle and hug and kiss. And she is as whimsical as can be - always singing and dancing. Her current favorite thing is the movie "Snow White," which she watches intently, mimicking every little movement of Snow White down to the way she holds her skirt while she is dancing. She insists on wearing some princess dress or other EVERY day, even to school, and for the most part, her attire determines her mood. That is to say, when she is wearing exactly what she wants to be wearing - shoes, jewelry, and dress - she is the happiest, sweetest little girl in the world. But should she lose a shoe or need to take her princess shirt off for a bath, LOOK OUT!! Seriously. You've never seen (or heard) anything so frightful.

sweetcate2

I think it's safe to say that Cate has us all wrapped around her jewel-topped little finger! I can't wait to see what her next year will bring!

1 comment:

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

She's a perfect little princess! I wouldn't worry to much about her vocabulary at the present time. She's doing geat with her mimicking of her princesses and it all will start to "click" at just the right time. Having her evaluated will give you a good baseline of where she is at compared to other children and will give you some good ideas too to practice with her. Beautiful pictures as always!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...