Max's Kindergarten class put on a huge Thanksgiving performance yesterday called the Turkey Trot. It was spectacular!!! They have all been practicing their songs and dance moves for about 2 months now (Seriously. They started back in September!), and all their hard work more than paid off. Max sang his little heart out, performing all of the songs with tremendous personality! I didn't have a zoom video camera to capture it on video, but take my word for it when I tell you it was ADORABLE! I especially loved the way Max's face would light up when he saw Cate dancing out in the audience. (Then, of course, he had to stop mid-song to tell the kid next to him that his sister was the cute dancing baby.) Here are a few pictures of Max in his Turkey Trot costume (I helped the kids in his class paint these one color at a time for a period of *months*... what a project!)

Max's Indian name in his class was 'Swift Coyote'





After the performance, Max's teacher had a special lunch for them back in the classroom.

Cate enjoyed being one of the big kids!

Ummm ... does anyone need an extra Thanksgiving craft??? I could not believe the amount of craftiness that came home with Max on Tuesday afternoon! (The blue piece of paper on top has fruits with the things Max is thankful for on them: Mom, Dad, Quinn, and Science :)

O.k. this craft that Cate brought home with her last week really creeps me out. Yes, that is my daughter's head on a pine cone turkey body ... weird!
1 comment:
One of the things that I'm thankful for is that the antics and escapades of my outstanding grandchildren and their father are vividly described and archived in this blog by their mother/wife. Its mot quite as good as being there, but its close.
Post a Comment