Wednesday, November 11, 2009

DFW Mud Run Challenge

Last weekend I (yes, just me by myself) went to Texas to participate in a muddy 10K obstacle course called the DFW Mud Run Challenge with Megan. I agreed to do this not having any idea what I was getting myself into. I had really good intentions of training for it, too, but ... well ... you know what they say about roads that are paved with good intentions ;) Honestly, I didn't think it really mattered that much, since we were signed up for the "fun run" category, but one look at the website the night before had me thinking this run may not be so fun after all. Thankfully, it did turn out to be EXTREMELY FUN, and we both agreed we would definitely do it again (and maybe even train a little next time). Here are some pictures from before and after the race. We're hoping the photographers there got a few of us doing the obstacles! There were times in the race where we were HEAD TO TOE MUD!

nothing like a little pre-race chocolate binge!
stretching the night before the race
It's been a while :)
OUCH!
ARGH!
the first of many flexing shots, this one with our breakfast of champions
FLEX!
We made it! ... to the parking lot

FLEX!
In between the picture above and the picture below a very long, difficult course was conquered. Clothes were ruined. Tears were shed. But, in the end, we finished strong!
We really made it this time!
FLEX!
a muddy (yet still gorgeous) Megan

I can't believe I'm posting this one. Megan wanted a picture of my backside. I can't imagine why ... except that maybe she wanted a picture to help her remember what she was looking at the whole time! (hee, hee!)
Some of the race veterans had duct tape around their shoes. They said it would keep your shoes from getting stuck in deep mud and being pulled off. This proved to be a bad strategy for several reasons. Megan has the cuts on her ankles to prove it!
the really amazing part is that, while we were out shopping and eating later, Mom got all of this stuff completely clean ... even our shoes!
trying really hard to look hungry and forlorn
cracking up because Megan kept saying the word 'forlorn'
and that's the end of that morning!
I had a great time, Megan! Thanks for talking me into this!!!
xoxo Snara

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...