Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sunny fun day!

Today was a blast!  I woke up feelin' about 80% today -- finally ready to get back out there and have some good old fashioned East Tennessee fun in the sun!  This morning I took Cate to her friend Sophie's 2nd birthday party at the Splash Park.  SUCH a fun party!  I had a great time watching Cate interact with Sophie and all of the other 1 & 2-year-olds from our neighborhood who I know will become close friends of hers over the coming years.  They're so cute!

After the party, we came back home for a little change-a-roo and then drove out to Spring City where we attended a company party at the lake home of Jake's new boss.  (O.k. I'm assuming that, by now, the 5 people that actually read this already know that Jake landed an awesome new job at the Trust Company of Knoxville.  If not, I'm sorry!  I would have announced earlier, but I was sworn to secrecy until things were finalized.  I'm still not positive that's the case, but since we've now been to the boss' lake home ... ) Anyway, Jake doesn't officially start his new job until Wednesday, but he has already been to quite a few meetings and was really excited about working for the Trust Company even before today.  After meeting some of his new co-workers today, though, both of us are ecstatic that he will be working for such a great company and alongside such great people!  They genuinely (and I'm so not kidding about this) treat one another as family and they've all welcomed us in with open arms.  What a blessing! Cate was, of course, a charmer at the party and Max earned the nickname "Max the Maniac" for his newfound (and extreme) enthusiasm for being pulled on a tube from the back of a motorboat.  Good times! 

1 comment:

Aunt Megan said...

Oh My Gosh! Congrats! Jake, but I AM sad that Texas does not seem to be in your family's near future...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...