Monday, June 29, 2009

The end of an era (or Cate's first haircut)

It's no secret that Cate has been sporting a serious mohawk for many months now.  I've battled the 'hawk myself on a couple of occasions, but to no avail.  It keeps coming back, long and strong right down the middle (she still has no hair on the sides).  Today, I took Cate to my own hairdresser, Chantal, who I think *might* have finally brought an end to the era of the mohawk.   Though I love Cate's new look, it's bittersweet :)

Cate a week ago in Texas.  The 'hawk is clearly bumming her out.

Cate in the salon right after her cut enjoying her post-cut lollipop
(I couldn't take pictures of the cut itself because I had to hold her.  She did pretty well in my lap, though.)

view from the back 

modeling on the porch when we got home 

brother and sister

Fifi came by to admire and Cate thought she could use some beads

really determined to get that cat looking as pretty as she does!

Thanks Grandma and Grampa for the beautiful new dress!  The ladies at the salon were raving! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still have a swatch of your hair from your first haircut - it's one of those major steps in growing up. I love her new "big girl" look!!!!
Mom

Sarah Harper said...

Aww! I saved some of Cate's curls. I used to have some hair from Max's first cut, but he discovered it in the baby book one day and glued it on a picture of the letter 'J' that he turned into a cartoon character - "hairy J" - I need to hide Cate's better!

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Chantal is the BEST! She gave Sophie her first haircut too and managed to really accentuate the back curls. I see she did the same for Miss Cate! Love the new do Cate! You're styling! Great pics Sarah. You're a pro now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...