Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ahhhh ... the Maldives!

Jake and I are still getting over the crazy jet lag from our AMAZING trip to the Maldives!  We pretty much just took turns sleeping today :)  I did finally upload some of pictures from the trip.  Though I'm not usually very good about taking pics on vacation (too lazy to worry about the camera), this trip was really over-the-top incredible and we had been planning and looking forward to it for well over a year, so I really tried.  Here are some of my favs!


the entrance to our villa (yes, we had our own villa!)


bathtub

shower 

more villa

back porch which looked out to our own private pool  and beach area

our beach

sunset


sunrise
(I wasn't about to get our of my lounge chair to take pictures.  At least I have proof that my feet went to the Maldives :)

beach stud

Jake and I at an under-water restaurant (Ithaa)



Jake deep in thought
 ... nah, I'm just kidding.  He's goofing off!

fancy food 
(I don't usually go to places with their own assortments of salt, so I felt the need to document)

Reef fish (we ate lots of it!)


black tip reef shark
These were plentiful near the reef.  We saw a ton of them!  Jake was really enjoying the snorkling until one snuck up on him ... I didn't see him go in after that.

romantic dinner

walking the bridge to the other island on the windiest day ever!

the Maldivian air taxi that brought us to and from the resort

We also did some great snorkeling on the trip and took pictures of that with water-proof camera.  Will post those when they get developed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - What a beautiful resort!! Glad I could take care of those beautiful children while you were out enjoying!
Mom

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Beautiful Sarah! I'm glad you and Jake had a great time!

Unknown said...

What an awesome place! Well worth the long plane ride :)) Good pics of you and Jake!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...