Monday, December 3, 2012

Turkey, Bacon, and a Side of SILLY! (With Thankful Sauce)

Well, the holiday season is in fully swing here at the Harper house!  I LOVE this time of year, and am absolutely cherishing all of the happy memories being made here each and every day!  As I was perusing my phone pictures the other day, I realized that some of this stuff is too good not to share, so here are a few fun scenes from our Thanksgiving break, which we spent here enjoying a visit from Grampa and Grandma Marsha.

IMG_0861
It may be a year 'til Cate gets to be in the Rocky Hill Turkey Trot, but this little turkey couldn't wait to  gobble it up!  I knew there was a reason I saved Max's old Turkey Trot costume  :)
IMG_0858
This year Hunny and Pop sent us a delicious smoked turkey in mail, making the whole Thanksgiving feast thing a breeze!  Here's Jake getting ready to carve the bird!
I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of my annual cooking day with my best friends, Sara and Angela, but for the record - I cooked this year!!! Pecan pie, apple pie, green beens, stuffing, and the most amazing sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes EVER!  (None of it lasted very long ...)

IMG_0855

Among the many things that I am thankful for this year, is the fact that I have two of the silliest kids in the world!

Evidence:

I got Max this Super Bacon shirt at Target a few weeks back, because, let's face it, how could I not?  Not 10 minutes after he saw it, Max went up to his room and came down AS Super Bacon

IMG_0831

IMG_0836
Yes, he is dead serious in this picture.  And, yes, he has flashlights up his sleeves to give Super Bacon his laser frying powers ... :)
Surprisingly, Cate can (and often does) actually out-silly her brother!  One of the things she is really good at are impressions.  Here she is doing one of her favorites - Hallie the Hippo (the nurse from one of her current favorite shows, Doc McStuffins)




I am telling you, when this girl really gets going she is off the silly charts! Here she is breaking down Christmas Eve for everyone


I am also incredibly thankful that my girl has a school and group of friends with which she is comfortable enough to show her silly.  According to her teachers, Cate is as comfortable at school as she is at home now, and that means a lot of laughs for everyone there, too!

IMG_0850
Giggly friends on their way to a birthday party!
IMG_0841
Cate and her good buddy Brayden gettin' their Spidey on
Of course, Max has never hesitated to show his silly :)  His funny face even made the paper last week!

IMG_0869

Stay tuned for more holiday happenings!


1 comment:

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

I love your "silly" kiddos! Cate looks adorable in the Turkey Trot costume and Max as "Super Bacon", hilarious! LOVE IT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...