Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tubes? What tubes?


As I'm sure most of you know, Cate got tubes placed in her ears on Monday. She was a perfect patient! The only glitch was that she refused to wear the tacky hospital gown and insisted on going into surgery with Snow White and Prince Charming. Thankfully, the nurses/doctor didn't mind a bit. Cate played like crazy in the waiting room , then played some more on the bed, then drank the "happy juice" and they wheeled her back. The surgery itself was quite the nonevent. It was over in 10 minutes. She woke up slightly fussy (but not bad at all compared to what I anticipated based on reports of what I was like after I got tubes put in my ears) We went home. She took a giant nap. And she woke up happy ... hooray!

She's had a great week, and I can actually tell that she is hearing better! She has also made some major strides in her speaking in the past couple of weeks. In fact, we have not yet started the speech therapy and it is not clear that she really needs it anymore. If things keep moving at this slow of a pace with the whole speech therapy thing, then I suppose Cate can just use her high school diploma as proof that she does not. :D Will keep ya' posted ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...