Though I'm not really big on blogging the mushy stuff, I thought I should record this little saying of Max's because it melts my heart and because I know he will stop saying all too soon. You see, Max and I play the "I love you more than you love me" game ALOT. He usually starts it because ... well, because in addition to being a scientific prodigy and a little rock star, Max is also a kind of poet - very sentimental and loving; full of emotion that he tries hard to express well.
Most of the time, our game is just a game of numbers:
Me: I love you 10 x more than you love me
Max: Oh yeah, well I love you 108, 000 x as much as you love me + 899
Me: Oh yeah, well I love you that much x infinity!
Max: I love you infinity x infinity THOUSAND!!!
... and so on.
But sometimes instead of the numbers, our convo goes more like this:
Max: "I love you, Mom! I mean it! I'll always love you!"
Me: "I love you, too, Max!" "With all my heart!"
Max: "No, really! My heart looks like your face ... in the shape of a heart!"
And then I just have to go over and give him big hug because that is just as sweet as it gets.
p.s. I took the pic above with my phone when we were playing outside the other day. I was so excited to get them both in the same frame looking my way ... unprovoked!

2 comments:
Oh this is too sweet! I hope it lasts forever and he won't grow out of it :)Well his future wife may be a a little annoyed by this but then who cares he is your boy first! I hope Noah will be as sweet one of these days.
Well, I love you both with all my heart +2
;-)Grann
Post a Comment