There has been an extra kid hanging around our house for . . . let's see . . . about a month now. Yep. Just about exactly the length of time that Max has been at his new school. His name is Jake the 10-year-old (not to be confused with Jake the 30-year-old). He is (you guessed it) 10 years old. He is EXTREMELY big and cool, loves cars and rock music, and is not afraid of ANYTHING. He always asks me if he can hang out with Max and do cool stuff with him because Max is so awesome. Interestingly, his parents also happen to be named Jake and Sarah. It took me a while to figure out that Jake the 10-year-old was actually Max's alter ego. I guess I didn't figure it out as much as Max explained it me when he said: "Sometimes I'm a little bit scared to do things, but then I just do what I always do and pretend I'm Jake the 10-year-old. Then it's easy!" Max test drives the character here at home and then takes him out into the world for help in times where he is feeling small, unsure of himself, or on the outs. It's so cute to watch him summon his courage and then insist on being called 'Jake' while doing something totally out of his comfort zone. What will he come up with next!?
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Jake the 10-year-old
There has been an extra kid hanging around our house for . . . let's see . . . about a month now. Yep. Just about exactly the length of time that Max has been at his new school. His name is Jake the 10-year-old (not to be confused with Jake the 30-year-old). He is (you guessed it) 10 years old. He is EXTREMELY big and cool, loves cars and rock music, and is not afraid of ANYTHING. He always asks me if he can hang out with Max and do cool stuff with him because Max is so awesome. Interestingly, his parents also happen to be named Jake and Sarah. It took me a while to figure out that Jake the 10-year-old was actually Max's alter ego. I guess I didn't figure it out as much as Max explained it me when he said: "Sometimes I'm a little bit scared to do things, but then I just do what I always do and pretend I'm Jake the 10-year-old. Then it's easy!" Max test drives the character here at home and then takes him out into the world for help in times where he is feeling small, unsure of himself, or on the outs. It's so cute to watch him summon his courage and then insist on being called 'Jake' while doing something totally out of his comfort zone. What will he come up with next!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sarah, Your stories of Max are so great! You could use them to write a children's story or stories. . . . just a thought. I love reading about Max's adventures.
Post a Comment