One of the best parts of my Christmas break has been getting to see one of my best friends in the world, Angela! I have been friends with this girl since we were 15 years old, which means we have about 20 years (!) of friendship under our belts! Ang and I have some pretty great memories from our high school and college days. Since then, we have both married, gotten degrees, moved all over the place, and had kids. The only problem is that we have done all of the things at different times and on opposite sides of the country. Needless to say, our opportunities for getting together along the way have been few and far between. Very few and VERY far between. So, it was great to meet up at her in-laws house near Cincinnati just before Christmas to celebrate Ang's 35th birthday, meet her adorable children, and get caught up a little. Just as I knew would be the case, our friendship has not changed a bit! We just have that special kind of friendship that I have come to realize is so rare in life. We even have this weird thing where we can go 5 plus years without seeing each other and then end up always having the same haircut and style of clothes and everything when we do. It's uncanny! :D I hope the years to come will bring Angela and me many more opportunities to get together and make new memories with our families! She is the very best kind of friend!


Of our many fun adventures of the past, the best had to the the summer we decided to enter a Spanish language immersion program in Costa Rica! Here are some pics from that trip that I ran across recently when Max decided to do his 3rd grade country project on Costa Rica:
Costa Rica, summer 1999.
Ok we're lookin' pretty rough in this picture, but in all fairness, we had just climbed Chirripo - the highest peak in Costa Rica (2nd highest in Central America?)!
Such rebels! Haha!
And here's one from my Baylor graduation in 2000
.... Surely there will come a day when I will have pictures to post of us vacationing together as little old ladies. Maybe then we will finally have time to really catch up on every thing that has happened through the years in between!
1 comment:
How awesome Sarah to have such a wonderful friend. I live your photos from Costa Rica!
Post a Comment