Monday, January 14, 2013

BEE-ing awesome!

It just occurred to me that, in the hustle and bustle of the pre-Christmas season, I completely forgot to post about Max competing in the Rocky Hill Spelling Bee!  This is definitely one for the record!  As if it wasn't impressive enough that Max won a small bee in his class to become Mrs. Smith's class representative, he beat out a whole bunch of 4th and 5th graders to become the 2nd place finisher out of the whole school!  That makes him the alternate for the regional spelling bee in March.

I have to say that this was just a really incredible thing for Jake and me to witness.  Our son up there being all calm, cool, and collected in what was seriously the most nerve-racking situation I have ever been in.  I knew that Max was nervous that morning, and his teacher mentioned to me that he was pretty quite that morning (which she noted was highly unusual for him :).  Still, you wouldn't know it watching him.  He threw peace signs up to the crowd when he was introduced.  He confidently asked that every one of his words be used in a sentence.  It was spectacular!  And when it came down to just him and his good friend Owen in the final round, I was definitely the proudest mom ever to see Max spontaneously shake Owen's hand and wish him luck.  He is not only an INCREDIBLE speller, but an all around great kid!

IMG_0974
The Super Bacon shirt was worn for it's lucky powers.  He was wearing it the day he won his class bee :)

1 comment:

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

How awesome! I still love the super bacon shirt! Max is such a super kid!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...