Much like Max did at this age, Cate has developed a ridiculously elaborate bedtime routine that takes a loooooooong time to complete. One of the many tasks involved in putting Cate to bed is tucking in and saying goodnight to her entire collection of stuffed friends. In no particular order, they include: Friendly the Frog (her Pillowpet), Super Lenny the WonderPets hamster, Tiana frog, Prince Naveen frog, Ladybug Girl, White Rabbit, Flower Girl, Princess Jasmine, Rapunzel, Snow White, Fancy Nancy, Kermit, Miss Piggy, Pinkalicious, (stuffed) Max and Cate, baby Ariel, and her very best snuggle buddy of all, Blankie.
Though Cate is very particular about me tucking each of these friends in bed each night, none of them stay tucked in for long. Lately, we have been hearing her have the loudest, most fun sounding slumber parties ever with this group long after the lights have been turned out! Her pretend voices and laughter get so loud sometimes that I really begin to believe that these friends come to life the second I leave the room! After a couple of half-hearted attempts to re-tuck, I usually just give up for the night and wait until the morning to discover all the fun they've had with books, tea sets, pretend cupcakes, and who knows what else. Cate definitiely has a precious gift in her endless imagination! I love love LOVE to watch this girl dream!

No comments:
Post a Comment