Did somebody have a birthday???
Why, yes! Our super duper fantastic Mr. Max turned lucky 7 this past Thursday!
And now I present to you ..... drumroll please .....
7 year old Max!!!!!!
Isn't he looking so big and handsome these days? On top of that, he is a thoughtful, kind, funny, smart, and incredibly happy, fun person to be around! I love everything about 7 year old Max!
...
Believe it or not, I am just now posting about Max's birthday on account of the fact that celebrations of the big event are just now winding down. Max's Grann was in town for his big day! After a big, present-filled morning, we spent the day doing things Max loves to do: We went to Game Stop and he picked out some new games. We went to guitar (which he insisted we do on his birthday even though I gave him the option of rescheduling). And we went to eat at one of Max's favorite restaurants, Casa Don Gallo, where he was serenaded by "a bunch of random Mexicans" (It was so funny on the way in when he said how excited he was about "a bunch of random Mexicans singing him Happy Birthday! :D) Then, Max spent the entire rest of the evening playing with his new gifts, almost completing the 1146 piece Lego set that his Grann and Grandaddy got for him (oh yes, it's already done).
His party this year was a dual celebration. One of his best friends, Thomas turned 7 just a few days after Max. Since Thomas' family are great friends of ours, we decided to have a camp out / lake party with them at one of their favorite camping spots, Melton Hill Park. Though the day of the party started out with torrential downpours and the threat of hail, the clouds parted just in time for the party and all the kids ended up having a fantastic time! We cooked out, had cake, turned the birthday boys into human sundaes (hilarious pics to come ...), and played in the lake until late in the evening when we went back to the campsite for fireside snacks and a movie.
Needless to say, Max's lucky 7 year is off to a great start! And Jake and I are, of course, the luckiest for being the parents of this one-of-a-kind kid!
.....
Here is a link to some pictures from Max's party :

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Max! Wow! I am super impressed Max built his lego set so fast but I am not surprised. He is one cool kiddo! I looked at his b-day pics too and it looks like y'all had so much fun! I know the boys really loved being human sundaes. They will remember that forever!
Post a Comment