Wow! It's been a while, and it looks like I've got some catching up to do!
We've had a lot going on lately. Jake had a birthday on the 7th (33!). His co-workers and I planned a really fun little surprise party for him after work that day. He thought he was going to meet a new prospect, and SURPRISE!! Everyone was there just for him. I know he felt the love, and I am so very happy that he works with such an awesome group of people. I just love 'em! We also enjoyed a great steak and some kid-free time at his fav restaurant, Ruth's Chris (Yummmmm...) after the party. Happy birthday, big guy!
Me and the birthday boy!
Not long after that, the kids and I headed to Texas for spring break. We had so much fun visiting all the grand parents! It was just a 5 day trip, but I learned this trip that 5 days is simply not long enough w/ the fam. Promise we'll stay longer this summer! (and eat you out of house and home and leave our mark on everything ... ;D)
Here are some pictures from the trip:
Max's first time on a horse (he loved it!)
Cate's first time on a horse (She wasn't too sure about it)
getting their "Texan" on!
Can't remember the name of this off-road thingy, but Max says WE NEED ONE! He had a blast driving this thing all around the Shirley ranch!
The kids got to meet some cousins on this trip - cousin Reese and cousin Kyler. This picture of Reese and Cate was taken one second after they met. Sweet girls!
I wasn't at all interest in taking pictures two cute girls playing ring around the rosie .. ;)
Off road with Hunny and Pop!
Lovin' it!
Loved watching these three just hang out and talk. I asked them what they were talking about and Reese and "Oh, ya' know, just what we're going to be when we grow up and stuff." (Cute!) FYI, Max is going to be lead singer in a rock band, Reese is going to work at Mesquite Pit BBQ, and Cate is going to be a princess.
Reese and Max really hit it off, too. She gave him a run for his money in the talking department!
It was a windy day. Good for kite flying!
Supermodel!
I also couldn't care less about taking pictures of Cate running through a field with a kite.None whatsoever.
Aunt Becky w/ the kids
We took an old-fashioned train into the Stockyards. Super fun day!
Love this picture of Cate and Grann!
So excited!
Max wasn't up for riding the mechanical bull, but he had a great time heckling those who did. "Hey Mom! Did you see that guy fall?? That was great!"
Max pretending he is in some sort of an action film after the train ride. He had me take about 100 pictures of him in different action poses, so he could make a hyper-suspenseful stop-motion film out of them. Ham!
Since returning from Texas, we've been settling back in. Max is continuing to do awesome in guitar. He received another flawless report card. And he started a new season of baseball last week. (I'll take some pics soon. We don't even know the team name yet.) Cate is still loving her dance class and playing dress up all the time with her friends.
We did get some bad news last week about Cate's ear. Without going into too much gross detail, she is going to need another minor surgery on her right ear to fix a complication with the tube. The good news: she doesn't appear to be in any pain from this right now; the bad news: she has a pretty significant hearing loss in that ear that I am PRAYING is just a temporary loss due to this problem that will be fixed once it is corrected. Anyway, we'll keep you posted on that ...
On the whole, life here is good! We are looking forward to a beautiful spring and lots of visitors coming our way (hint, hint!)








































No comments:
Post a Comment