SOS ... SOS ... SOS ... SOS ...SOS ... SOS ... SOS ... SOS
School has been closed for the past 2 days due to "inclement weather". Our first big snow day of the year was big fun, but by last night I was ready for a breather. I settled down in front of the T.V. only to see that Knox County had done it again! Of course, I figured (like everyone else) that this was just Knox County being overly cautious. Well, most everyone else was right. They went out shopping and out to eat. They laughed about how silly it was to close schools today. Meanwhile, those of us living atop Ice Mountain were not laughing. We have seriously been home bound for the past two days. Our hill *still* has some ice on it (enough to freak out the pizza man, anyway) and, though it might thaw out tomorrow, it looks like it will probably freeze back over again tomorrow night. HELP!
Here are a few pics from yesterday's snow day. It really was such a fun day! (you'll have to excuse my current panicky outlook. I'm tippin' the crazy scales here!)

Love those baby blues!
One of our friends in the 'hood took these pics of Max blazing down Ice Mountain. I wish someone would have taken a picture of me lugging all of our gear + Cate down it on a giant sled while trying desperately not to slip (priceless!) ... or, better yet, me piggy backing Cate up it, while dragging the giant sled loaded with gear and trying not to slip or lose a limb to frost bite (miraculous!) Where was Jake?, you ask. Oh, he has been skipping off to work every day through this whole thing, Steady Neddy. He just parks down at the bottom of Ice Mountain and flits away in the morning, free as a bird ... :-l
These pics below are from last week when there was literally only a snow flurry. Cate was so excited she could hardly stand it! As soon as the flurries started, she stood by the door begging to go out in the snow and asking if this meant that Santa Claus was on his way.
snowflakes on the tongue! (Immediately following Toaster Strudel. Obviously.)
Dancin' in the snow!
The only this better than dancing in the snow - spinning in the snow!








2 comments:
LOL! This is another reason I love you so much! You are hilarious! I hope you were rescued today and that the crazy level was able to go down a little.
This was no joke, Amy Avery! One more day & rescue teams would have arrived here to find a bona fide LOONEY BIN!
I did manage to get out today, but I'm not sure giving a final exam to 30 hyper-stressed college students did much for my sanity ...
Post a Comment