Monday, February 2, 2009

"A Very" Fun Snow Day!


So I woke up at 6:00 this morning as I usually do on Mondays to teach my courses.  The weathermen were still talking down this "supposed" snowstorm and school was on, so I went off to my school and Max went off to his.  I got home just as a sudden downpour of snow rendered the giant hill leading up to our house undrivable.  Only one tiny problem . . . I didn't have Max!!! Somebody had to go get the poor kid and Jake was out of town, so I buckled us up and hoped for the best.  It was somewhere mid-hill as I was wildly pumping the brakes and watching my life flash before my eyes that I began to rethink this decision.  I'm sure you know by now how this story ends.  We slid to a stop at the bottom of the hill and ended up at our friends the Avery's house.  With kids back safely (and us stuck at the bottom of the hill for a while), the rest of the afternoon was a blast!  All of the kids got to make their first real snowman (who, as it turns out, is a woman), Max got to go sledding for the first time (I didn't get to witness this, but I hear he was airborne ... and he liked it!), and the snowballs were flying!  Thanks so much Averys for letting us enjoy this beautiful day at your house!  It was "A very"* fun one! 

*I couldn't resist stealing this cute little turn of phrase from the title of Amy Avery's blog, which is linked into mine on the right.  A good writer's got to cite her sources!  :)

Me and my snow angels

Max lovin' the snowball action

Sophie and Cate

Max, Cate, Sophie, and Emma Caroline by the snowman (er, woman) that they helped to make

Max, snowgirl (the kids lost interest before she got a name), and Emma Caroline

1 comment:

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Thanks Sarah again for "a very" great day in the snow. Hee, hee. I'm sorry you had a scary slide down the hill, but I'm glad you ended up with us. We had a fabulous time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...