When Jake and I got married, my grandmother "Mum Mum" said that she really wanted us to have a globe in our home, because a globe is just one of those things that every proper home should have. She got us this beautiful globe that has followed us from Boston to Atlanta to Tennessee. I could not understand at the time why it was that every home needed a globe, but I think I do now. The reason, I think, is that globes have some sort of magnetic attraction for children! I don't have my picture of baby Max spinning this globe in my computer (maybe if I get a scanner for x-mas . . . hint, hint:), but here's one of our little Cate, who, as soon as she could stand, wanted to touch the world and watch it spin in her hand.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Globe Trotter
When Jake and I got married, my grandmother "Mum Mum" said that she really wanted us to have a globe in our home, because a globe is just one of those things that every proper home should have. She got us this beautiful globe that has followed us from Boston to Atlanta to Tennessee. I could not understand at the time why it was that every home needed a globe, but I think I do now. The reason, I think, is that globes have some sort of magnetic attraction for children! I don't have my picture of baby Max spinning this globe in my computer (maybe if I get a scanner for x-mas . . . hint, hint:), but here's one of our little Cate, who, as soon as she could stand, wanted to touch the world and watch it spin in her hand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment