Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween happenings

Well this Halloween was most definitely our spookiest and most fun Halloween yet! We went to so many Halloween parties, fall festivals, and such that I do not even know where to begin. The best part about this Halloween was that we had Hunny come in from Texas for a visit! The kids had a great time visiting with her, playing dollhouse, video games, and roasting marshmallows.

Here are a couple of pics from our Sunday morning visit to Market Square:

photo-1

photo

photo-3

And our Sunday night driveway cookout!

DSC_1475

DSC_1479-1

The Saturday before Halloween we went to an awesome Halloween party w/ all of our very best friends! The kids had a SUPER BLAST (better than a regular blast ;)) as did the adults! Here are some pictures from the 1st annual Clapp Halloween party:

DSC_1306
Angela's incredible spider cake
DSC_1300
Max working hard to create the ultimate leaf jumping pile!
DSC_1304-1
pre-party trampoline fun!
DSC_1334
Cate and Lotus (the two baby girls)
DSC_1372
Max as Dry Bones
224405-mp8_drybones_large
This, FYI, is a picture of the "real" Dry Bones, a character from the Mario gang.

DSC_1358
I think I darn good job making the only Dry Bones costume the block! (POO on all of you people who asked what in the heck Max was supposed to be all night long! poo. on. you.)
DSC_1408-1
Sock Monkey. Mary Poppins. Princess Ariel.
All I can say is that I must REALLY love Cate. She was over the moon about me dressing up as Ariel & kept tell me how BEAUTIFUL I looked all night long - sweet princess! (with no concept of actual beauty)
DSC_1454
pumpkin carving
DSC_1356
best buddies!
DSC_1434
love this family :)
DSC_1418
Ship Shape!
DSC_1414
divas
DSC_1417
Princess Jasmine really workin' the camera ... ;D
Halloween night we stayed home and participated in our annual neighborhood Halloween party. I really LOVE the way our neighborhood does Halloween, so I wouldn't miss spending this night here with our friends and neighbors. So good to see everyone and watch the kids play!

DSC_1482
Dry Bones and Princess Jasmine ready to roll! (I can't tell you how long Cate has been waiting & practicing for this day!)
DSC_1484

DSC_1485-1

DSC_1492-1
Heading down the hill to the party! "We'll meet you down there!"
DSC_1500

(Sorry for the blurry pics! Somebody forgot she turned her autofocus off earlier in the day :/)

DSC_1512
Cate & boyfriend Brayden (as Buzz Lightyear)
DSC_1502-1
Cate climbing a tree with school friend, Rachel. Nothing says "princess" like tree climbing!
DSC_1515
Most of the Dunbarton Oaks kids ready to trick-or-treat!
(Love that belly in front!)
photo-8
Jake making a very brief appearance as Homer (for the love of Cate :))
DSC_1524

TRICK OR TREAT!!!!!

Let me just say that I had no idea my kids were capable of such athleticism until I saw them both sprinting from house to house all the way up the giant hill without stopping for so much as a second. I have been picking Max up in my car at the bus stop down at the bottom of the hill all year long just so that he wouldn't have to walk all the way up that thing. Apparently, all he needs is a sugary incentive! Cate kept pace with Max all the way up (Baby girl was ON HER GAME!), and watching them trick-or-treat together this year was a treat for us! At one point I heard Max yell "trick-or-treat!" and then point to Cate and say "We're a package deal." - haha!

When they got to our house, Cate stopped to check her loot and pass out candy to trick-or-treaters. Max grabbed his scooter and continued down the hill to finish off the neighborhood. When he finally returned, he had a pillowcase FULL of somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 TONs of candy (give or take a ton). I have been doing my part to get that down to a more manageable amount (shhhh ..... ;)

BEST. HALLOWEEN. EVER.

2 comments:

Aunt Megan said...

Wow! Looks like SUCH a great time! I'm sorry I missed it!

Angela said...

Love the pics! It looks like ya'll had a great time. Max's costume ROCKS by the way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...