Max was in a swim team training program this summer - the feeder program for the YMCA swim team. Why haven't I blogged about this, you ask?? Well, as it turned out, we ended up being a little too busy this summer to fully dedicate ourselves to the program. The kids trained 3 days per week and there were several weeks that we were either out of town, busy with a camp, or sick :/ We were excited to come back from Texas and rejoin the program only to discover that the very next practice would be their final one & they were having a mini swim meet. Max was psyched! And, though he could still use some work on his form, Max ended up kicking some tail at the meet! He won his heat in both the freestyle and the breaststroke & I think even got second overall in the freestyle! Check out our little fish:
waiting for warm-up
This is Max concentrating on the dive he is about to execute when the horn sounds. He stands like this for a good couple of minutes before each heat.
Max's dive! Love everything about it!
There he goes!
I love this pic! Max just won his freestyle heat. They are handing him the ribbon & he has this look of total shock on his face. Proud :)
Cate being a supportive lil' sis ... Gotta hand it to her for this one! It was a steamy 100 degrees that day!
Winner!









3 comments:
Max just looks so cool, calm, and concentrated before his race, so victorious afterwards. I just tell you watch out that kid's a winner
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I LOVE the last pic- part Jake, part Grampa! So funny!
Congrats on the BIG WINS Max!!!!! Add yet another thing to the list of things you can do that I can't...
Love,
Aunt Megan
Brings back memories of when I was on a swim team in elementary school. Max is looking GREAT!! Keep it up!
Post a Comment