Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The end is near!


Man oh man! This summer has kicked my bootie! I mean it's been great and all, but GEEZ! I've pretty much come to the conclusion that my kids are not altogether human. They don't sleep enough & they do crazy things like run around and squeal at the top of their lungs when they are in the house too long. Some hospital mix-up, I'm sure.

This summer has included Vacation Bible School, a Disney World extravaganza, Camp Invention, Soccer Camp, a TON of pool time, a trip to Texas, and LOTS of Chick-fil-a :) Now finally FINALLY the end is near! I love my kids and all, but let's just say this woman and I share a special bond:

Isn't that great?! It's from my vintage housewives calendar (which I love)
School for the kids starts on August 17th and we are pretty much just gearing up for that at this point. I can tell that Max and Cate are both ready to be back on some kind of schedule, and I am looking forward to starting back to work part-time. It is sure to be busy come next month, but (hopefully) in a more routine kind of way.

In other news ...

1. I got a new camera and (surprise!) I don't know how to work it. So, sorry for the lack of pictures recently. I need some time to connect with my new baby and haven't managed to find any yet (see above). I took just a few pictures in 'Auto' mode in Texas, and let family take the rest. Here are the few I took:

Max working with his group at his second Lego Club meeting. I SO wish we had a Lego Store closer to us!!
DSC_0023
with his group's finished project
DSC_0020
presenting the project with his group
Cate was being a snot to Megan in the car, so she decided to be a snot right back!
DSC_0011
waking brother up in the morning. love those bed heads!
Max and Grann in an intense game of Monopoly
Guess who won (twice)???
DSC_0002
We don't get a paper, so I had to laugh at Max reading the paper every morning at Grann's house. He'd just scoot right up, grab a chocolate milk, and hit the funnies.
DSC_0003
Do not disturb Max for a photo op while he is reading the morning paper! Serious. stuff.
(note to family: please SEND ME YOUR PICS! The kids love to see you all in pictures!)

2. Cate is getting in to her physical therapy every Monday. It turns out that she really does kind of need it for some movement restriction in her lower back/hips (more on that later). Also, she is FINALLY set to begin speech therapy in a couple of weeks. I really really hope that helps some with the clarity of her speech! She is saying quite a lot these days, but it is SO hard to understand her & I want so much to know what she is saying.

I'm sure I have more news to share, but it's late and I'm pooped, so more later ...

xoxo

Sarah


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...