Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dear family ...

Sorry for being a delinquent blogger this week! It's been another busy one, but no major news to report. I took Cate to get her ears checked for the billionth time this winter, and she finally got the "all clear" (woo hoo!) No telling how long that will last, but it is great to see her feeling and acting 100%. Max has been VERY into playing with his many Lego sets lately. I plan to do a post on the Max-Lego saga that began back around Christmas time when Max took it upon himself to write a letter of application to the Lego Space Police asking if he could join their team (oh yes he did!) Suffice it to say that the boy is obsessed with Lego!. He is also obsessed with reading, and read his first long chapter book (from the Magic Tree House collection) entirely by himself this week. (Go Max!) Speaking of reading, they celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday all week at Max's school with silly socks, silly hats, and green eggs and ham. The celebration culminated today with "dress up as your favorite book character day". Can you guess what our little funny man choose to dress up as?

That's right.
Captain Underpants!

captainunderpants-1

Predictably, the costume was a huge hit amongst his peers! I was somewhat surprised to see that they actually let him keep the undies on all day, but hey I guess it's all in the name of a good education, right? ;D

Jake got an early birthday present yesterday and tried this new snow sport called airboarding up in the mountains. I was supposed to go with him, but couldn't find a babysitter (boo!) Anyway, he said it was awesome! It must have been something else, because he is passed out colder than I have ever seen him right now. Seriously. Neighbors down the street, can you hear Jake snoring right now?! Nevermind. I already know the answer, and I'm sorry for the disturbance :)

My week was pretty good. Last weekend was full of parties and baby showers. Plus, I got to do my first real photo shoot! It was of a ridiculously amazing princess party for my friend Amy's daughter Emma-Caroline and her friend Lydia.
cute!
I had a blast and I think the pictures turned out really well! You can see some of them here: www.picsbysarahjane.blogspot.com
or more of them here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharper6/sets/72157623402149595/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...